Where is Ravi..? right here... Roboblogging!

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Trip to Thiruthani - 18th May 2006

Next in my list of pilgrimages before I departed to the US, was a visit to Thiruthani, where our Kulatheivam Murugar resides... We had a venduthal to fulfill, so I had to shave my head at Thiruthani..
We started early at around 5:30 am from our house - me, my dad, my mom and my grandad - in an airconditioned (Thank God for that... ) Ambassador.. I slept through much of the 2 hour journey..
We reached Thiruthani at around 7:30am and found accomodation in a cottage... Thanks to a letter from someone we know, the cottage is free and the Abishekam and Poojai at the temple are all pre-arranged... The barber came to the cottage and, after a final look at myself with all that hair in the mirror, I got my head shaven... Following me, my dad also shaved his head for a venduthal of his own... Then, after a bath, we went to have breakfast..
After that, we started for the top of the hill in the car, (it is just a short distance) and reached there by 9:30... the Poojai and Abishekam were about to start by 10...
After observing the proceedings comfortably from close quarters, we left the temple at around12:30... Had lunch in a nearby restaurant and started to Chennai...
On the way, PG called and said our results had come.. I had to call someone in the college and enquire about it... Called Shanka but that guy said he is chatting and will go and ask only later... why people are putting so much scene about going to see the marks is quite a wonder... after all, seeing it 30 minutes later or earlier is not gonna change the marks..
I was so eager that I just asked the driver to go straight to college instead of home.. When I was nearing college, Shanka called and told me the marks, but by then I was so near that I thought I might as well go and see myself... Was so happy on seeing the marks, (esp. I got an S in project!!! Thank you so much Dr. Kumaravel!! ) But after calculating the CGPA, I was in for a great disappointment... my CGPA comes to 8.990/10... Damn!!! missed the 9 pointer status.. well, I wasn't so disappointed myself but it felt bad when my dad asked me why I couldn't have worked harder... As if I wasn't suicidal enough myself... Guess one is never good enough in the eyes of parents...

1 Comments:

Blogger Livewire said...

that is probably jus their way of makin u do better the next time... remember, kaakaikum than kunju pon kunju...

12:36 AM, June 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home